Friday, May 21, 2010

My Bookshelf



Above, you see a picture of my bookcase. Unfortunately, the vast majority of my books and DVDs are packed away and in storage. That was a very sad day. =C However, I did take this picture a few months ago and since then I've added significantly to my library, and maybe 2 or so DVDs (I just love the $5 movies at Walmart!). Currently I've only got 6 books on my shelf, so I pretty much bought 4 books in the past week or so. 

Anyways, I'm very OCD when it comes to this bookshelf. It is ALWAYS clean, unlike the rest of my bedroom. It's always organized and I swear I can tell if anyone moves my books from their place (like my brother tends to do quite often). There is a very specific way that it's organized. It goes alphabetically by the author's last name, then first name, if two authors have the same last name. All of the books by one author then go alphabetically by title. (Example: For Sarah Dessen's books go Along For the Ride, Dreamland, Just Listen, etc.). 

Then after all my books are my seasons of Gilmore Girls, because that show is just awesome. =D Then my DVDs start and they are also alphabetized. I try to get as many to fit on the darn bookcase as possible because all the ones that don't fit go on this awesome thing my parents got me a few years ago from Sharper Image. It looks like this (click it because my computer is dumb and is only letting me put one picture on this post). But it the spaces for the DVDs don't fit my weird shaped ones, so I try to just use it as overflow since most of the weird shaped ones just happen to start with letters at the beginning of the alphabet. That way, all the DVDs stay in order, like they should be.

So, now you know a little bit about my OCDness. Do you have any weird OCD moments? You should tell me in the comments! =D I'd love you forever! Anyways, currently I'm reading Thr3e by Ted Dekker because my friend asked me to. I'll review it, I think, and then I'm going to move on to Austen's Emma.

So, thanks for reading!

Love,

Kristi

0 comments:

Post a Comment