Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'm Back!

My hiatus is finally OVER! I'm sure you're very excited. =D haha. That's the main message of this post, so if you don't want to hear my blurb of randomness, that mostly has nothing to do with books, you can stop reading now and I totally won't mind, because I have been told that my blurbs are waaaaaaayyyyy too long. =D

But, anyways, I got back from my longest vacation ever about two weeks ago. I got to visit my wonderful family (my mom's side, along with my dad's mom) in Florida for 6 whole weeks! I haven't seen them for 3 years, so it was really awesome! Also, since my family is HUGE (my mom is one of 7 children and my dad is one of 5), I swear, we are always adding new family members. So, since the last time I was there, we added a new uncle, and 4 new cousins! So I got to meet them and they are just adorable!

Since my brother and I are the only grandkids that don't live in Florida, we normally do get a fuss when we're there, but apparently, that is NOTHING compared to when you graduate high school. =D I'm the oldest grandkids on my mom's side, so, therefore, first one to graduate and first to go to college right afterwards. So, I got a LOT more attention than usual, which was uncomfortable at times, but whatever. I got a party, a cake, and a cousin talent show dedicated to me, full of hula-hooping, spelling, and singing Taylor Swift songs.

My brother left a few weeks earlier than I did, so that he could help my parents move into their new house, but I stayed. My aunt and uncle decided to celebrate my cousin Megan's 7th birthday at Fort Wilderness in DisneyWorld since they just bought a new camper and my mom got us tickets to go to the Magic Kingdom for 2 days! Needless to say, all girls of any age (or at least most of the ones I know) are huge Disney fans, Megan, her older sister (and my oldest cousin at 10 years), Victoria, and I were thrilled! It was their first time doing the whole meet the characters things since they normally just went on the rides before, so we did that, which I LOVE doing (and did most of the time when I went to DisneyLand in May). But, I didn't get my own autographs and pictures, and just let my cousins do it. (Although, I DID stand in for Megan while she went on a ride in Tomorrowland and Victoria wanted to see Chip and Dale, so I have a picture with them.)

Anyways, they also took me to this show called the Hoopdeedoo Review, and despite how corny it sounds, it was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen. If you ever go to Fort Wilderness, SEE IT! Victoria also introduced me as the new Disney princess, so you are now reading words written by royalty, aren't you excited? =D haha.

But anyways, when I had to leave, I started crying REALLY BAD, which was really embarrassing, because I was in the airport with my grandparents, two of my aunts, Victoria, Megan, and my youngest cousin Dylan, and I most definitely don't like crying in front of people. =C So, I flew here to Texas, where my family moved, but to be completely honest, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of it, no offense to any Texans. But I'm sure I'd probably like it more if I were in a place more like Phoenix, instead of a city that's 45 minutes away from the closest Target. But that's ok. I'm also still adjusting, and haven't really made any effort to make any friends, since I'm going back to AZ in a few weeks to start college!

Anways, I'm excited to go start college, even to actually go to the classes, because they're actually interesting! =D But to relate this post more to books, like it's supposed to be, I'd like to add that I did read a TON while I've been on break, so I may post a list of what I read and a few thoughts on them. I won't do full reviews because I probably won't remember the details of the books, but I definitely read some really good ones. I guess part of being a huge reader/book hoarder in a family of aunts that never keep their books (like my mom, but she actually throws them away, which breaks my heart! =C), that means that I get a whole bunch of new books to bring home! Plus my aunt took me to Georgia to go visit for a few days with one of her friends, so on the drive up there, we found an awesome discount bookstore, full of old library books. We spent two hours there. =D But I'll probably make that list later, since it involves a lot of effort and I'm just in a lazy mood.

In other news, my best friend, and my parents, and pretty much everyone finally convinced me not to bring all of my books with me to college, so I'm only bringing around 48..... So I'm really hoping that I don't feel an overwhelming need to read one of the books I decided not to bring.... But then again, there is a Barnes and Noble right across the street, so it's all good.

FINALLY, we're at the end, so I'm sure you're relieved my blurb is over. =D I'm currently reading Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay, which my best friend has been trying to get me to read for months (and getting a book recommendation from her is a very rare occurance, since she kind of thinks I'm a freak for reading so much. =D But we're just the kind of friends that call each other freaks, so it's not mean, if that's what you're thinking) and my Aunt Jodie gave me when I visited her. So that'll be my first review after my hiatus! =D

And I think that's all I have to say. =D

So, thanks for reading!

Love,

Kristi

0 comments:

Post a Comment