Thursday, September 30, 2010

Little Bits of Wisdom- May, August, and Septemer 2010

So I haven't posted my monthly quotes in forever! So here's a catch up:


"It was harder to be bold when the whole world seemed to be watching your every move." -Michael Grant, Gone

"Evil things love chaos." -Michael Grant, Lies

"Sometimes life gets tough and scary, okay? We've all been scary places before. But here we are, right? We're all still here." -Michael Grant, Lies

"There was no better way to understand life than to live it-if not through your own life, then through another's... Not to read was to turn your back on the wisest of minds." -Ted Dekker, Thr3e

"You don't fight evil with evil; it just creates anarchy." -Ted Dekker, Thr3e

"The heart is always at liberty- the sudden spark of feeling, the quick jet of passion, the mellow glow of satiated love. In all these states, the heart has its independence and will not be governed. The great secret is that all the conventions of society can be satisfied, and still the heart is at liverty. The heart knows what it knows, and it knows when it is met in a rapture of recognition." -Sena Jeter Naslund, Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette

"It's never something huge that changes everything, but instead the tiniest of details, irrevocably tweking the balance of the universe while you're busy focusing on the big picture." -Sarah Dessen, Lock and Key

"'And the rest is history.' I said.
'Nah,' he shook his head. 'The rest is now.'" -Sarah Dessen, Lock and Key

"Not everything's perfect, especially at the beginning. And it's all right ot have a little bit of regret every once in a while. It's when you feel it all the time and can't do anything about it... that's when you get into trouble." -Sarah Dessen, Lock and key

"Dark days often force us to become more ingenious, to monitor and modify the ways we reached failure and reshape them into a new patter of success." -Isaac Fleischmann


Ok, I admit it. I only found one in September and I found it in my business textbook (thank you Mr. Fleischmann!). So I took it out of context a little, who cares? I mean, you would never have known that the last quote was actually talking about how patents have actually risen since the whole economic crisis rose, would you, now? =D But whatever. But I'm just starting My Dearest Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan, so once I finish that one I'll move onto the new book in the series and review it, yes?

As always, feel free to comment and follow me on Twitter and stuff. You can see my THREE latest tweets over on the right hand side of your screen. It always makes me happy when I get new comments and followers! *hinthint*

Anyways, thanks for reading!

Love,

Kristi

0 comments:

Post a Comment